IT’S TIME TO REGISTER!
Put your school teams together and sign up today.
- Four students per team
- Students must be younger than 14 on July 1, 2018
- Three teams per school allowed this year
Registration is $150 per team.
Register using the registration form external.
Pay using this link:
See also the additional forms on the Forms page.
October 18: Exhibition Heat at Hillcrest Community School, Toronto
November 16: Vancouver, British Columbia
Waverley Elementary School
January 24: Hamilton, Ontario
January 26: Ottawa, Ontario
February 5: Toronto, Ontario
Ryerson, Mattamy Athletic Centre
February 8: National Final, Toronto
Hosted by St Clement’s School
What is Kids’ Lit Quiz™?
An established international literature competition for 10 – 13 year olds
- Showcasing readers worldwide for 25 years
- Created by Quizmaster Wayne Mills, who writes hundreds of new questions each year
- Over 1000 schools compete in annual tournaments in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom and USA
A fun, rewarding experience
- Teams answer 100 questions over 10 categories based on any children’s book published in English
- Students train by reading voraciously, and working on collaboration skills to create the strongest team possible
- Children explore a wide variety of authors and genres
- Regional winners compete in a National Final; the winning team advances to the KLQ World Final
- Prizes are awarded at every level
Why Does Kids’ Lit Quiz™ Matter?
Provides a meaningful activity for middle grade students
- Teachers and parents see their students become part of a global community of readers
- Students are engaged at an age when reading for pleasure tends to fall off due to electronic distractions and more academic reading
- KLQ creates a culture of reading – library traffic increases and readers are celebrated throughout the school
- Readers experience being on a team with coaches, practices, and tournaments
- KLQ attracts all students – roughly 40% of competitors each year are boys
- Studies show that students who read for fun have higher test scores in vocabulary, spelling, and math
Canada hosted the 2017 Kids Lit Quiz™ World Final!
KLQ is exploding in popularity!
- In 2011, Canada held its first quiz… with only 13 teams
- In 2016, 117 teams competed across the country for the chance to represent Canada at the World Final in Auckland, New Zealand
Kids’ Lit Quiz™ Canada is a registered charity, run entirely by volunteers who are dedicated to inspiring youth to become lifelong readers.
Kids’ Lit Quiz™ Canada relies on the generosity of public and private sponsors to help fund our programs across Canada.
Charitable Registration Number 833763287RR0001